The OWA has a Health, Safety and Environment or HSE Policy which outlines our expectations for safety. The OWA has an active management approach to safety and conduct both office vendor visits and field safety during operations.
Consultant companies and contractor companies are to, as a minimum, follow the OH&S Regulations and Code as well as:
- Hold a valid COR or SECOR certificate;
- Have a Safety Program or Safety Management System which includes contractors/subcontractors;
- Prequalify all contracted/subcontracted companies for safety and competency prior to working onsite·
- Maintain and execute the emergency response plan (ERP); and
- Conduct incident reporting, tracking and learning opportunities.